- Sat 13th January – Welcome in the New Year with your CPS mates without leaving your home (Zoom only)
- Sat 10th February – Another homeside get together (Zoom only)
- Sat 2nd March 2024 -CLAS AGM – see CLAS website for details
- Sat 9th March – Edged Brush Lettering – Mary Noble
- Sat 13th April – Watercolour Backgrounds – Julia Baxter
- Sat 27th April – Less is more – Josie Brown -(Group zoom in the hall or at home)
- Sat 11th May – Foundation with a bit of Schuzz – Jan Pickett
- June – SSI CAPITAL LETTERS DAY see SSI website
- Sat 8th June – Modern Copperplate Variations – Rachel Yallop (Zoom only)
- Sat 13th July – Monoline/Skeleton Capitals – Mark L’Argent
- Sat 27th July – Summer Social
- Sat 10th August – Italics – Els Van Den Steen
- Sat 7 September – Bookbinding suitable for everyone – tutor tbc
- Sat 12 October – Printing – Ann Bridges
- Sat 9th November – 3d Round the Bend – Ally Trelfer + Meg Chapman
- Sat 7 December – AGM at Hastingleigh (11am – 3pm)
Cinque Ports Scribes run workshops on calligraphy and associated skills with a mix of internal and external tutors including some of the very best known calligraphers.
- Please note that bookings for our workshops are only accepted through completion of the appropriate booking form, available from our downloads page.
- Our workshops are open to members and non-members, with a two tiered pricing structure.
- First workshop with CPS? Here’s a Workshop Introduction to help you along
- In addition to workshop fees you should expect to obtain equipment for workshops as necessary. Occasionally CPS are able to buy in bulk and pass on savings this way
- Typically workshops are delivered in person, face to face, however due to the global pandemic, we are able to deliver some workshops via Zoom
If a workshop is listed as being FULL, we are happy to take names on a reserve list, so if you’re interested please let us know.
Photos of past events can be viewed in our gallery
Events organised by other calligraphy groups such as CLAS and SSI will be announced on our newsfeed.
Please could all workshop attendees arrive in plenty of time to help set up the hall, and stay behind to help clear up.
Refreshments are provided in all workshops, but please remember to bring your own lunch.
All workshops must be paid for in advance.
Cancellations: refunds are only available if we are able to fill your space. Sorry, but we still have to pay the tutor and venue.
Please also see notes on the booking form.
Unless specified elsewhere The Cinque Ports Scribes hold our events at our Hastingleigh venue
Evington Village Hall
(OS Map Reference TR099450)
Evington Hall is situated in a rural position, reached only by narrow, often single-track roads. Unless familiar with the area, visitors are advised to use the A28 Ashford to Canterbury Road, turn eastward to Wye and then follow the signposts to Hastingleigh (about 4 miles)
Elmsted Court Farmhouse
The New Flying Horse
Upper Bridge Street, Wye
The Wife of Bath
4 Upper Bridge Street, Wye
Bulltown Lane, West Brabourne
Crabtree Farm Cottages
Tamley Lane, Hastingleigh